Saturday, January 4, 2014

The Healing Magic of Essential Oils continued.......

A couple of years ago I posted an article on the healing magic of essential oils.  Well, since then, I've become certified in aromatherapy and have continued to be amazed with essential oils and their healing capabilities.  When I first started using essential oils, it was primarily in my herbal salves to promote healing of all sorts of skin ailments.  Then I began using essential oils neet, or directly on wounds without being blended with a carrier oil.  And if you haven't read my previous blog entry on "The Healing Magic of Essential Oils", I encourage you to do so.  It's a great story about healing my husband's deep cut with lavender.

Lately, I've begun integrating the oils into my healing practice and have been using a variety of different oils on clients' feet.  One thing that I instantly notice is that they become more relaxed, their whole system.  The other thing that I notice is how the oils interact with opening up a person's meridians.  They seem to magically open up our energetic channels.  It's as if the body knows how pure the medicine of essential oils is and responds to it with such a beautiful openness.  I've seen people's chakras begin to open as well and respond as if in a lovely and intimate dance together. 

The oils are such wonderful facilitators for our systems to go into a deep relaxation where its innate wisdom of being able to heal itself can then take place.  I use them on my children, even though 2 are adults now, to help them to relax and to let go of their busy lives. 

On another note, I think this is worth mentioning this time of year.  During the winter months when our whole family is indoors more than other times of the year, the energy of our home can feel clogged at times and it can easily create stress for me.  I've found when I add a really uplifting oil like lemon, peppermint, or spearmint to a bucket or sink full of water and wash my floors with it, any stuck energy seems to dissipate.  The air is cleared just as if it was spring and I was opening all the windows and doors.  Aaaaahh, a welcome relief!

Have a magical and healthy winter everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment