Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Mary Lane's Fall Tonic


Fall is such a wonderful season as we gather and prepare plants, berries and nuts from the wild to support us during the winter months to come. My dining room table is covered with a variety of different herbs and flowers drying. Some are for adding to my fall and winter stews and homemade breads, others are for teas and salves that I will be making. And spread out across my drying rack are beans and squash seeds that I'm drying for next year's garden. It's such a great feeling!

I saw this fall tonic that Mary Lane, author of Divine Nourishment had on her most recent newsletter and I just had to pass it along. It's a wonderful combination of plants that make a truly supportive tonic. Here are the plants that she suggests using and if you want to know more about each plant, go to Fall Tonic where Mary offers a detailed description of each plant.

1 cup Nettles
1 cup Goldenrod
1/2 cup Lemon Verbena/or Lemon Balm
1/2 cup Mugwort
1 cup Mullein
1/4 Flax Seed

As Mary suggests, store this mixture in a glass jar with a tight fitting lid. When you are ready to use it, make an infusion steeped with boiling water for a nourishing cup of tea. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment